This Academy will be split up into a 3-part, live webinar series over the course of 3 days with each webinar lasting 3 hours. We will be recording each of these webinars to post in the Academy Community afterwards.
- Part 1: May 18 | 8:45 AM - 12:30 PM
- Part 2: May 19 | 8:45 AM - 12:30 PM
- Part 3: May 20 | 8:45 AM - 12:30 PM
FEE: $305 Member | $355 Non-Member
TASBO has expanded the annual Open Records Workshop to include FERPA and records management. TASBO has planned an informative and interactive academy with some of the leading authorities on open records requests, case law in Texas, and records management.
- Training and Procedures to Ensure District Compliance with Open Records
- Update on Public Information Act- Part 1: Overview
- Update on Public Information Act- Part 2: Deep Dive of Advanced Costs
- Navigating the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) 3 Hour Session
- Deep Dive into TSLAC Session Part 1 Overview
- Deep Dive into TSLAC Session: Part 2 Retention Schedule
- Managing Cumulative Folders and Transcripts
Academies provide an industry level scope of current events, upcoming legislation, best practices, disruptive forecasting, and strategies for ensuring quality business official standards. TASBO Committees meet annually to identify, develop, and maintain rigorous education offerings. Event speakers include administrators from best practice districts and key partners from regulatory agencies, legal firms, and innovators within the industry. Academy attendance is a way to ensure you stay are informed regarding essential items impacting your role and create a network of professional peers for support throughout the school year.